Charity registration number: 1156171
Welcome Home Ministries Tanzania
The location shown on this map is based on the contact address, which may not be the same as where the organisation is based.
What the charity does
Aims and activities
Provide funding to Tanzanian orphanages to advance education, to prevent poverty and relieve sickness.
Types of charitable activity
Where it operates
No website address provided.
Key Finance Numbers
Period ending 31 Oct 2017
Income and expenditure
Annual Return and accounts
Governance and legal
Date of Registration: Thursday 13th March 2014
Company Number: 08735517
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 16 OCT 2013
- MARK HEALY (Added January 2018)
- DR DEREK MUNDY
- TIMOTHY STEVENS
- ELISE HOADLEY-DUNNING
- JILL WALL
Known former trustees
- MR MARK HEALEY (Removed December 2017)
About these results:
These gender categories are generated automatically based on the title and name provided. Except where a gender-specific title is given, these are indicative only, based on common usage of a name. Names that could indicate either gender, but have a strong association with one gender, are indicated with an asterick. Whilst we are unable to amend individual records, feedback on the accuracy of the categorisation is welcome.
Known former trustees includes the names of people and organisations who have been a trustee of the charity since November 2017 but are no longer listed as a trustee. The term 'removed' refers to their removal from the Charity Commission register, and does not imply that that they were removed from the board itself - it could have been that a term of office ended or that they choose to leave. As this is done on exact name matching, we have tried to account for instances where the way a trustee is named has changed; although this is not always accurate.
Object of the charity
THE OBJECTS OF THE CHARITY ARE SPECIFICALLY RESTRICTED TO THE FOLLOWING:
(1) TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF BOTH CHILDREN AND ADULTS IN AFRICA (INCLUDING TANZANIA) AND IN PARTICULAR (BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING) THE TEACHING ,OF CRAFT AND OTHER SKILLS AMONGST YOUNG WOMEN SO AS TO ENABLE THEM TO BECOME MORE INDEPENDENT;
(2) THE PREVENTION AND / OR RELIEF OF POVERTY IN AFRICA BY PROVIDING ITEMS AND SERVICES TO INDIVIDUALS AND COMMUNITIES IN NEED INCLUDING (BUT WITHOUT PREJUD,ICE TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING) PROVIDING FINANCIAL AND PRACTICAL ASSISTANCE IN THE BUILDING OF HOMES FOR ABANDONED CHILDREN AND ORPHANS IN TANZANIA;
(3) THE RELIEF OF SICKNESS AND THE PRESERVATION OF HEALTH AMONG PEOPLE IN AFRICA (INCLUDING T,ANZANIA) BY (BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING) PROVIDING AND ASSISTING IN THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL FACILITIES, SUPPORT SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT IN TANZANIA THAT WOULD OTHERWISE NOT BE AVAILABLE OR SUFFICIENTLY AVAILABLE;
(4),SUCH CHARITABLE PURPOSE OR PURPOSES ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF ENGLAND AND WALES AS THE TRUSTEES IN THEIR ABSOLUTE DISCRETION SHALL DETERMINE.
Other names the charity uses
The charity is not known by any other names
Similar nearby charities (experimental)
See this information about the charity on the Charity Commission website.