Charity registration number: 225922Date of registration: 1 Jan 1964
THE NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS
The location shown on this map is based on the contact address, which may not be the same as where the organisation is based.
Aims and activities
NCVO champions the voluntary sector and volunteering. We connect, represent and support voluntary organisations.
Social media channel information provided by OpenCharities.org
Object of the charity
1. TO PROMOTE ALL OR ANY PURPOSE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COMMUNITY WHICH ARE OR HEREAFTER MAY BE DEEMED BY LAW TO BE CHARITABLE AND IN PARTICULAR THE ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION, THE FURTHERANCE OF HEALTH AND THE RELIEF OF POVERTY, DISTRESS AND SICKNESS. ,2. TO PROMOTE AND ORGANISE CO-OPERATION IN THE ACHIEVEMENT OF THE ABOVE PURPOSES AND TO THAT END BRING TOGETHER IN COUNCIL NATIONALLY AND LOCALLY REPRESENTATIVES OF VOLUNTARY AGENCIES AND STATUTORY AUTHORITIES ENGAGED IN THE FURTHERANCE OF THE ABOVE P,URPOSES OR ANY OF THEM.
Where it operates
Period ending 31 Mar 2017
Similar nearby charities (experimental)
Other names the charity uses
- THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF SOCIAL SERVICES
Types of charitable activity
Governance and legal
Company Number: 198344
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 03/05/1924 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 14/03/1950 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 19/04/1970 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 01/04/1980 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 13/11/1989 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 11/11/1993 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 23/01/1997 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 26/02/1998 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 23/10/2000 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 21/11/2007 NOW ARTICLES ADOPTED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION DATED 24/11/2010 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 08/11/2012
- MR ANDY COOK
- MR BRUCE GORDON
- MR PETER KELLNER
- RICHARD LEAMAN CB OBE
- MR TIGER DE SOUZA (Added July 2018)
- MR DAN SUTCH (Added October 2018)
- MR CHRISTOPHER WADE
- MS JULIE BENTLEY (Added December 2017)
- MS JENNY FIELD
- MS CHRIS FREED
- MS VANESSA GRIFFITHS (Added December 2017)
- MS ANNE HEAL
- SALLY YOUNG
Known former trustees
- MR MATT HYDE (Removed November 2017)
- MS FAZILET HADI (Removed May 2018)
- MS NATASHA MORT (Removed November 2017)
About these results:
These gender categories are generated automatically based on the title and name provided. Except where a gender-specific title is given, these are indicative only, based on common usage of a name. Names that could indicate either gender, but have a strong association with one gender, are indicated with an asterick. Whilst we are unable to amend individual records, feedback on the accuracy of the categorisation is welcome.
Known former trustees includes the names of people and organisations who have been a trustee of the charity since November 2017 but are no longer listed as a trustee. The term 'removed' refers to their removal from the Charity Commission register, and does not imply that that they were removed from the board itself - it could have been that a term of office ended or that they choose to leave. As this is done on exact name matching, where the way a trustee is named on the register has changed, this will result in the trustee being recorded as removed and then added with the new name. We will investigate ways to reduce the occurance of this happening through intelligent matching.
Income and expenditure
Annual Return and accounts
See this information about the charity on the Charity Commission website.