The service is provided with no warranty for its availabilty or accuracy. Please note that the site is hosted at cost by Olly Benson and a fair usage agreement applies.
About the data
- This service only includes active charities, and does not hold information on charities that have been removed from the register.
- Where duplicate entries apppear (especially in Annual Returns and Annual Accounts), all but the earliest dated entry has been removed.
Service developmentShort term development
The service is currently in beta, which means that there are parts of it that are still in development.
- Improve switch between search query and search results page
- Develop the search functionality on the annual report/return and Part B data
- Re-factor the core search functionality; to improve the functionality.
- Allow charities to add additional data to their entry (ie social media channels)
- Move to more robust platform (eg Google App Engine)
- Automate the monthly update based on the data published from Charity Commission.
- Charts: HighCharts. Used under licence.
- Maps: Open Layers
- Postcode and GeoData provided by Postcodes.io
- Haversine formula (for converting LatLng into proximity searches) courtesy of Alexander Rubin
- Postcode validator courtesy of John Gardner
- URL generator: http://cubiq.org/the-perfect-php-clean-url-generator
- Marker icon: Icon Archive
- List of Post-nominal letters: Wikipedia
If you have any comments or feedback about this service, please contact Olly Benson using the form below or tweet @ollybenson.
Please note, any inaccuracies in the data should be reported to the Charity Commission who supply the data, not to the email address above. Corrections will be made the next time the monthly data is published and then uploaded from the Charity Commission website.