About this site
The service is provided with no warranty for its availabilty or accuracy. Please note that the site is hosted at cost by Olly Benson and a fair usage agreement applies.
Please use the following form to contact us.
About the data
Further information about the data used on this site, including information on how to correct or remove data, is available on the about the data page.
There are a number of other websites that are also doing interesting things with the Charity Commission database. Here are the ones we know about:
We're also good friends with the people at 360 Giving, who are doing interesting things with funder data.
If you want further support with the governance of your charity, you may want to become a member of the Small Charities Coalition who provide lots of practical help with setting up and running a small charity (under £1 million).
- Charts: HighCharts. Used under licence.
- Maps: Open Layers
- Postcode and GeoData provided by Postcodes.io
- Haversine formula (for converting LatLng into proximity searches) courtesy of Alexander Rubin
- Postcode validator courtesy of John Gardner
- URL generator: http://cubiq.org/the-perfect-php-clean-url-generator
- Marker icon: Icon Archive
- List of Post-nominal letters: Wikipedia
The service is continuously being developed. These are some future ambitions:
- Improve switch between search query and search results page
- Build on the refactored core search service, to improve and develop new functionality.
- Allow charities to add additional data to their entry (ie social media channels)
- Move to more robust platform (eg Google App Engine)
- Automate the monthly update based on the data published from Charity Commission.